April 25, 2011

General Update

I forgot to post last time about how healthy and happy our children are lately!

The twins had their one-year well visits and are two thriving almost-toddlers!  Asher weighed in at 20 lbs 12 oz, 31.25" long.  He is expected to be around 6'1" someday!  Geneva weighed 20 lbs 6 oz, and measured 29.75" long....someday to be around 5'7" tall.  The best part of the whole visit was the Dr.'s reminder that Sydney only weighed 17 lbs 14 oz at this age.  I guess as twins they are not lagging at all!  Asher loves to "talk" on the phone these days, whether it be a toy phone or my iPhone, and whenever he hears Dan's voice on speaker phone he just laughs and laughs.  Geneva is already carrying around dolls and saying "baby" as she hugs the baby and pats its back.  Where do kids learn this stuff?  It is so cute.

Our Sydney is a bundle of imagination, as usual.  Her latest obsession is Diego and "playing Diego," rescuing animals and such.  I often find her in her room playing with babies, singing made-up songs, and building things with blocks.  This week we signed her up for preschool in the fall at Iroquois (Grand Rapids Christian).  At (almost) 3 years old, we feel this little social butterfly is ready to spend some time with her peers, learning letters, singing songs, and whatever other happy activities those teachers get paid for.  I'm sure my expectations are much too high, but hey, that's okay too!  We have no doubt that she'll just love it.  And I am looking forward to grocery shopping and running errands with only two kids during those 2.5 hours.

I am also looking forward to the onset of warmer weather, some major landscaping projects around our house, opening the pool (or should I say I'm looking forward to DAN opening the pool?), teaching the kids to swim, and lazy days in the sunshine (which are really more like messy days of sunscreen, sand, and me trying to squeeze in a page or two of reading!).  I could also add to this list: grilling in the evenings, daylight until 10pm, camping, and vacations!  Yay for summer!  Please come soon!

For now, I'll leave you with this Easter teaser, which seems to be a hit, judging by the comments on Facebook:

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

So fun to read the update on your kiddos and what I have to look forward to in a couple months. Hudson is already as heavy as Asher though and Brooklyn is about 4 lbs behind. Your two have stayed so close in weight! Love the Easter picture...ya gotta laugh at this stage in life huh?